Skip to main content

Admitted Students

Change of Campus Students

You are a considered a change of campus student if you attend one of our WVU divisional campuses – Potomac State College or WVU Tech. Please read these tips and then proceed with the steps to enrollment.


  • As a change of campus student, you are not required to submit an academic deposit.
  • If you have already completed WVU’s AlcoholEDU program, you will not be required to do so again.
  • We award transfer credit based on an evaluation of your prior academic work. This evaluation won't be finalized until you enroll at WVU, but you can view a preliminary evaluation before enrollment.
  • As a WVU divisional campus student, your transcript is already in the STAR system. If someone at the WVU main campus requests your transcript, simply inform them that it is available in STAR. Your current divisional campus adviser can also answer questions and assist you in the transition.
  • As a current student of one of the WVU divisional campuses, your student identification number and WVU email address will remain the same. Please continue using the WVU Portal as your connection to STAR, DegreeWorks, eCampus and class registration. 
  • The Potomac State College registration event for students changing campuses in the upcoming fall or summer term will take place during the first week in April.

Steps to Enrollment

  1. Register for Classes

    As a change of campus student, you must meet with your transfer adviser by email, phone or in-person before you can register. Only your academic adviser can lift your registration hold for you.

    Register for Class

  2. Complete the FAFSA

    We encourage all students to submit the FAFSA and use our school code 003827. The FAFSA is required for Federal and State aid programs.

    Prepare for the FAFSA Complete the FAFSA

  3. Apply for Housing

    Apply for on-campus housing if you are not changing to the WVU Morgantown campus with more than 24 credits completed. If you are entering the WVU Morgantown campus with more than 24 hours, you may also choose from University Apartments or other off-campus housing.

    On-Campus Housing Off-Campus Housing

  4. Choose a Dining Plan

    All students living in WVU residence halls are required to have a dining plan. If you live off campus (including University Apartments), you have the option of purchasing a non-resident plan.

    Choose a Dining Plan

  5. Pay Your Bill

    Your student account must be paid in full by the deadline for your intended term.

    Pay Your Bill

  6. Move In

    If you are living in a residence hall, you can view the move-in information for your upcoming semester. You will receive additional information at your MIX email address, so please check your account regularly.

    If you are living in University Apartments or any off-campus housing, you will need to contact them directly for move-in information.

  7. Attend New Student Orientation

    Transfer NSO is the place to get an overview of WVU student services and meet one-on-one with staff who can answer your questions.

    Register for Transfer NSO

Need Help?

Please email  if you have questions about the transfer process.

Interested in talking to someone about WVU?