Change of Campus Students
You are a considered a change of campus student if you attend one of our WVU divisional campuses – Potomac State College or WVU Tech. Please read these tips and then proceed with the steps to enrollment.
- As a change of campus student, you are not required to submit an academic deposit.
- If you have already completed WVU’s AlcoholEDU program, you will not be required to do so again.
- We award transfer credit based on an evaluation of your prior academic work. This evaluation won't be finalized until you enroll at WVU, but you can view a preliminary evaluation before enrollment.
- As a WVU divisional campus student, your transcript is already in the STAR system. If someone at the WVU main campus requests your transcript, simply inform them that it is available in STAR. Your current divisional campus adviser can also answer questions and assist you in the transition.
- As a current student of one of the WVU divisional campuses, your student identification number and WVU email address will remain the same. Please continue using the WVU Portal as your connection to STAR, DegreeWorks, eCampus and class registration.
- The Potomac State College registration event for students changing campuses in the upcoming fall or summer term will take place during the first week in April.
Steps to Enrollment
Find and Apply for Scholarships
Students admitted by June 15 receive priority consideration for WVU scholarships. You may be eligible for a WVU scholarship that was first awarded at your WVU divisional campus or you may be awarded a transfer scholarship.
Apply for Housing
Apply for on-campus housing if you are transferring with fewer than 29 hours. If you are entering WVU with more than 29 hours, you may also choose from University Apartments and other off-campus housing.
Choose a Dining Plan
All students living in WVU residence halls are required to have a dining plan. If you live off campus, you have the option of purchasing a non-resident plan.
Register for Class
As a change of campus student, you must meet with your academic adviser by email, phone or in-person before you can register. Only your academic adviser can lift your registration hold for you.
Pay Your Bill
Your student account must be paid in full by the deadline for your intended term.Pay Your Bill
If you are living in a residence hall, you can view the Residence Hall Opening and Closing Dates for your upcoming semester in advance. You will receive additional information at your MIX email address, so please check your account regularly.
Attend Transfer Academy
Transfer Academy takes place during Welcome Week and is the place to get an overview of WVU student services and meet one-on-one with staff who can answer your questions.
Please email Transfer@mail.wvu.edu if you have questions about the transfer process.