Skip to main content

Admitted Students

Transfer Credit

We award transfer credit based on an evaluation of your prior academic work. We will finalize the evaluation after you have enrolled at West Virginia University. To see a preliminary evaluation, follow these steps:

  1. Log into
  2. Click on “STAR” at the top of the page.
  3. Click the “Click here to enter STAR” link.
  4. Click the “Student Services & Housing” link.
  5. Click the “Student Records” link.
  6. Click the “Academic Transcript” link.
  7. Choose “Undergraduate as the Transcript Level” and click “Submit.”

Your unofficial transcript will display your transfer credit.  If a course is listed as NOEQ 100, it means that your course should be reviewed for equivalency. NOEQ 100 courses do transfer to WVU, but WVU has not determined their equivalent course here yet. You can use the TERR system to request evaluation of your NOEQ 100 courses.  If you have more than 5 NOEQ 100 courses, email instead of using TERR.

If your transfer credit has already been reviewed at WVU, it will have one of three types of equivalencies:

The subject code (e.g., BIOL for Biology) of your class may change when you transfer to WVU. For example, a course on plant anatomy that was a biology course at your previous school may be a PLSC (Plant Science) class at WVU.

In all cases, your academic department will determine which credits will be used to meet degree requirements.

Interested in talking to someone about WVU?