Apply for Housing
- October 1 — Housing application opens and room selection begins.
How to ApplyAfter you have paid the academic deposit, you can complete your housing application, pay the housing deposit and choose your room and roommate.
Steps to Apply for Housing
- Wait 48 hours after paying your academic deposit to complete the online housing application. This gives our system time to update and record the receipt of your academic deposit.
- While there are some exceptions to the policy, most first-year students are expected to live in University housing.
- Transfer students with fewer than 29 credit hours are required to live on campus.
Transfer students with more than 29 credit hours can live in
off-campus housing or in
- To find out more about each residence hall, please refer to the list of halls and take our virtual tour.
- We send housing information to your WVU email address. Check your account regularly so you don't miss important deadlines.
Please contact the Housing Assignments Office at firstname.lastname@example.org or 304-293-2811.