Senior Citizen Students
Senior citizens of West Virginia (age 65 and older) who meet WVU residency requirements may take courses at WVU for reduced tuition and fees. Courses can be taken for credit or no credit.
- How to Apply as a Senior Citizen and Costs Associated
- Admission Requirements for Senior Citizens
How to Apply as a Senior Citizen and Costs Associated
Print and complete the free Senior Citizen application and mail to:
WVU Office of Admissions
P.O. Box 6009
Morgantown, WV 26506-6009
Be sure to indicate if you want to be a graduate or undergraduate student and if you want to take courses for credit ( grade) or non-credit ( no grade). Once you have been admitted, you will receive an admissions letter with instructions for course registration.
Enrollees are assessed tuition based on their decision to take courses for credit or non-credit. If pursuing the course for credit, the discount is 50% of the resident tuition cost. If taking the course for non-credit, the fee is $50 per course.
Admission Requirements for Senior Citizens
- All students submitting the Senior Citizen application will be admitted as non-degree students. Students interested in applying as degree seeking must complete the undergraduate application or the graduate application.
- To be admitted as an undergraduate student you must have at least completed
high school or the GED whether taking courses for credit or non-credit.
- To be admitted as a graduate student you must have at least a bachelor’s degree whether taking courses for credit or non-credit.
- You must obtain instructor permission for each course taken.
If you have questions regarding this program, please contact the Office of Admissions at 304-293-2121.