Guiding Principles on Ethics
This code of conduct applies to all employees or those working on behalf of the Office of Admissions and Recruitment at West Virginia University including those employed in the Enrollment Management division actively working in the recruitment of potential students. West Virginia University as a member of the National Association of Admissions Counselors adheres to all recommendations in the Guide to Ethical Practices in College Admissions and supports the continued efforts of the organization to protect the well being of students in the college admissions process.
West Virginia University:
- Will provide college admissions counseling that is in the best interest of the student and their academic goals.
- Ensure adequate training is provided to those employees recruiting students at WVU to best represent the University and communicate the necessary information accurately and consistently to potential students and families.
- Educate students and families on their ethical responsibilities in the college admissions process where applicable.
- Will not participate in high pressure sales tactics in order secure enrollments from any student including veterans as defined by the Department of Defense or those students eligible for Title IV funding.
- Not pay employees by commissions, bonuses, or other incentive payments, based on the number of students referred, recruited, admitted, or enrolled. These policies apply to all students eligible for Title IV funding as well as those identified as veterans by the Department of Defense.