Ohio Tuition Reciprocity Agreement
As the result of a special agreement, students from Ohio who are directly admitted to certain majors can enroll at WVU and pay in-state tuition rates. Students must be admitted to both the University and major. Specific requirements may apply for direct admission to eligible majors, including SAT or ACT scores, a university testing assessment, or meeting minimum GPA benchmarks.
Additional programs outside of the approved major's plan of study are not eligible for in-state tuition. To remain eligible for Ohio tuition reciprocity program, students must complete 12 or more hours per semester, maintain the required GPA set by their department, and show forward progression in the major.
Eligible majors for the spring and fall 2021 terms, and spring 2022 term, are listed below.
Students enrolling at WVU as part of the Ohio Reciprocity Agreement are not eligible to double major.
Benjamin M. Statler College of Engineering and Mineral Resources
Students interested in the Petroleum and Natural Gas or Mining Engineering programs are required to work directly with Jody Kilpatrick to determine eligibility.
College of Creative Arts
- Art Education (Studio Art)
- Art History
- Graphic Design
- Music Industry
- Musical Theatre
Technical Art History
- Theatre Design and Technology
College of Physical Activity and Sport Sciences
- Athletic Coaching Education
- Coaching and Performance Science
Health and Well-Being
- Sport and Exercise Psychology
Davis College of Agriculture, Natural Resources and Design
- Agribusiness Management
- Agricultural and Extension Education
- Animal and Nutritional Sciences (BS/BSAgr)
- Design Studies
- Environmental and Natural Resource Economics
- Environmental, Soil and Water Sciences (formerly Environmental Protection)
- Forest Resources Management
- Human Nutrition and Foods
- Recreation, Parks and Tourism Resources
- Wildlife and Fisheries Resources
- Wood Science and Technology
Eberly College of Arts and Sciences
John Chambers College of Business and Economics
Reed College of Media
Want to learn more about the Ohio Tuition Reciprocity Agreement? Please contact your