What is Environmental, Soil and Water Sciences at WVU like?
This major prepares you for careers in areas which safeguard the quality of the environment with a curriculum that focuses on interdisciplinary training in a broad array of environmental protection sciences. You can work with your adviser to select courses from both the environmental protection electives and the specialization electives that match your interests and career goals.
Recent graduates are employed by municipal, state and federal governmental agencies; consulting firms, especially those specializing in land reclamation, water quality or pest management; and companies associated with natural resource industries.
At a Glance
- College/School:Davis College of Agriculture, Natural Resources and Design
- Division:School of Agriculture and Food
- Degree Designation:BS
- Degree Program:Plant and Soil Science
- Program website:Environmental, Soil and Water Sciences
Interested in this major? Here are some suggested next steps:Apply NowRequest InfoVisit WVU
Areas of Emphasis
Tailor this major to your interests by taking courses in one of these areas:
- Environmental Assessment and Reclamation
- Soil and Water Sciences