Find your niche — in the classroom and beyond. We’ll help you find your passion and build skills for your career. These are just a few of the resources you’ll have access to at WVU that will prepare you life after WVU.
View Pathway Majors
Start your professional network (and add leadership experience to your résumé) by joining major-related clubs.
- Minorities in Agriculture, Natural Resources and Related Sciences (MANRRS)
- PAWS: Pets Are Worth Saving
- Society of American Foresters
- Society of Mining, Metallurgy and Exploration (SME)
- Student Association of Nutrition and Dietetics
- WVU Chapter of the Wildlife Society
- WVU Collegiate 4-H Club
- WVU Collegiate Horsemen's Association
- WVU Outdoor Adventure Club
- WVU Pre-Veterinary Club
Develop real-world skills in our specialized laboratories, clinics and research centers.
Personalize your curriculum with classes related to your interests and career goals.
- BIOL 324: Molecular Genetics
- CHEM 312: Environmental Chemistry
- ENTO 450: Insect Ecology
- ENVP 355: Environmental Sampling and Analysis
- FMAN 320: Arboriculture and Urban Trees
- GEOG 411: Rural and Regional Development
- GEOL 404: Geology Field Camp
- HN&F 348: Science of Food Preparation
- SUST 250: Digital Earth and GIS
- WMAN 200: Restoration Ecology
Wondering where this pathway leads? Check out some possible jobs.
- Climate Change Analysts
- Dietitians and Nutritionists
- Environmental Restoration Planners
- Farmers, Ranchers, and Other Agricultural Managers
- Food Scientists and Technologists
- Soil and Plant Scientists
- Soil and Water Conservationists
- Wind Energy Engineers
- Zoologists and Wildlife Biologists