What is Computer Science at WVU like?
Computer science is a discipline that involves the understanding and design of computational processes. The discipline ranges from a theoretical study of algorithms and information processing in general, to a practical design of efficient and reliable software that meets given specifications. This differs from most physical sciences, engineering included, that separate theoretical underpinnings of the science from applications within it.
At a Glance
- College/School:Benjamin M. Statler College of Engineering and Mineral Resources
- Department:Lane Department of Computer Science and Electrical Engineering
- Degree Designation:BSCS
- Degree Program:Computer Science
- Program website:Computer Science
Tailor this major to your interests by taking courses in one of these areas:
- Theory of Computing
- Software and Knowledge Engineering
- Computer Systems