Your Mountaineer Timeline for First-Time Freshmen
Many deadlines for fall 2020 have changed because of the COVID-19 pandemic. For answers to common questions and our latest info, please visit our COVID-19 Admissions FAQ page.
Admissions application available for fall.
- August 15: WVU begins processing admissions applications. WVU has a rolling admissions policy, which means we do not have a specific admission application deadline. Applicants are considered for and informed of admission on a first-come, first-served basis.
- October 1: Housing applications are accepted. You must pay the academic deposit to submit the housing application.
- October 1: Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) opens.
October 1: First-time freshmen who are West Virginia residents can submit
the PROMISE Scholarship application. Additional information can be found at
- November: Room selection begins.
- March 1: Deadline for filing FAFSA.
March 1: Deadline for first-time freshmen who are West Virginia residents
to apply for the PROMISE Scholarship by submitting both the
PROMISE application and
- Early March: New Student Orientation information is sent to those who have paid the academic deposit and registration becomes available.
- Attend New Student Orientation.
- Fall semester classes begin.