Your Mountaineer Timeline for First-Time Freshmen
This timeline is for first-time freshmen with a fall term start; spring students are encouraged to contact their WVU Admissions Counselor for assistance.
August 1 - First-time Freshman Application Opens for 2022 Terms
Apply using the WVU application or the Common Application.
Admissions decisions will process beginning August 15.
Schedule a Visit to WVU
In-person, virtual and self-guided options are available through our Visitors Center, and open house dates are scheduled in the fall and spring.
- October 1 - Housing applications and selection is available to admits that have paid the academic deposit.
- October 1 - Submit the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
October 1 - Promise Scholarship application available to West Virginia residents.
- Check your WVU Portal and MIX email frequently for important financial aid and merit scholarship details.
- November 1 - Math placement details will be sent via your MIX email if testing is required.
- Connect with your Admissions Counselor and sign up for a one-on-one appointment.
- March 1 - FAFSA priority deadline for WVU and West Virginia Promise Scholarship.
- Mid-March: New Student Orientation details are sent to admits who have paid the academic deposit.
- June 1 - Deadline to be admitted for central merit scholarship eligibility; earlier deadlines may apply for select awards.
- June 1 - Last day to submit updated GPA or test scores for merit review.
- June 1 - Student Insurance Waiver and immunization documentation is available.
- June - New Student Orientation takes place throughout the month.
- June - Dining plans available for selection.
- First week of July - Fall charges are applied to your bill and available in WVU MyAccount via your WVU Portal.
- More to come for fall 2022, including move-in details!