What is Horticulture at WVU like?
Horticulture is the science of the production, processing and marketing of fruit, vegetable, greenhouse and landscape crops. In our program, you will study the physiology, culture, harvest, quality control, sales and utilization of horticultural crops.
The nature of horticulture has changed as areas become more urban. Our program focuses on landscape management and production of nursery and greenhouse plants, which help meet the aesthetic needs in growing urban environments.
At a Glance
- College/School:Davis College of Agriculture, Natural Resources and Design
- Division:School of Agriculture and Food
- Degree Designation:BSAgr
- Degree Program:Plant and Soil Sciences
- Program website:Horticulture
Tailor this major to your interests by taking courses in one of these areas:
- Specialty Crop Production
- Landscape and Turf Management
- Public Horticulture
- Plant Health Management
- Plant Science
- Entrepreneurship/Agriculture Business