What is Civil Engineering at WVU like?
Civil and environmental engineers oversee the design and construction of facilities for society's use. Working with problems that directly affect the health and economic vitality of people and communities, civil and environmental engineers contribute their expertise to such problems as:
- waste disposal
- environmental pollution
- transportation systems
- water resource development
- design, construction and rehabilitation of constructed facilities
We provide programs at the bachelor's, master's and doctoral levels. Faculty conduct novel and high-impact research in a number of areas, with several taking the discipline to new levels by incorporating biology and microbiology into their research. Our students incorporate up-and-coming sciences as well as other types of engineering courses into their plans of study.
At a Glance
- College/School:Benjamin M. Statler College of Engineering and Mineral Resources
- Department:Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering
- Degree Designation:BSCE
- Degree Program:Civil Engineering
- Program website:Civil Engineering