Your Mountaineer Timeline
- WVU begins processing applications.
- Visit campus! Take a tour of campus through the Visitors Center or attend one of our special events.
- See if you qualify for WVU-administered scholarships.
- If necessary, retake your ACT or SAT.
- Housing starts to accept completed applications from new students who have paid their academic deposit
- WVU begins awarding scholarships.
- Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) is available online. If you prefer to submit a paper application, request a FAFSA from US Department of Education by calling 1-800-4FED-AID. Allow 2 weeks for receipt.
- Deadline – WVU-administered academic scholarship consideration.
- Deadline – Priority for WVU admission.
- Deadline – Housing roommate request.
- Housing assignments begin!
- Find out more about Adventure WV. (Optional programming for incoming freshmen)
- Financial aid deadline for institutional need-based aid.
- West Virginia residents: deadline for PROMISE Scholarship and State Grant application
- Academic deposit priority deadline.
- Financial Aid award letters are mailed to admitted students.
- New Student Orientation information is sent to those who have paid the academic deposit.
- Last day to receive a refund of your academic deposit.
- Deadline to register for New Student Orientation.
- Attend New Student Orientation.
- Submit final transcripts and/or immunization records.
- Attend Adventure WV (Optional orientation trips for new students)
- Attend the Academic STARS program (Optional programming for incoming freshmen)
- Attend the Seamless Transition Program (Optional programming for incoming freshmen)
- Receive electronic bill for tuition, fees, and housing through your WVU MIX account.
Congratulations! You’re now a Mountaineer!