To be eligible to apply for Academic Forgiveness, you must have attended a West Virginia public college or university and cannot have been enrolled at any institution of higher learning for at least four calendar years.
To apply for academic forgiveness you should:
- Complete and sign the top half of the Petition for Admission under Academic Forgiveness Policy.
- Admissions verifies your transcript record and calculates the number of credit hours with which you will be readmitted or admitted. The petition and transcript(s) are forwarded to the Dean of the College or School you wish to enter.
- Petition is approved by the Dean of the College or School student wishes to enter.
- Petition is forwarded to the Associate Provost for Academic Programs for approval.
- Recommendation for admission under Academic Forgiveness is returned to the Office of Admissions for appropriate processing.
- After you have been admitted under the Academic Forgiveness Policy, you must complete 60 or more credit hours prior to earning a degree.