Find your niche — in the classroom and beyond. We’ll help you find your passion and build skills for your career. These are just a few of the resources you’ll have access to at WVU that will prepare you life after WVU.
View Pathway Majors
Start your professional network (and add leadership experience to your résumé) by joining major-related clubs.
- Autism Speaks U
- Collegiate Chapter of the National Association for Music Education
- Mountaineer Council of Teachers of English
- Mountaineer Mentors
- Preservice Division of the National Art Education Association
- Science Public Outreach Team
- Sociology Anthropology Criminology Association (SACA)
- Student Association of Public Health (SAPH)
- WVUteach Club
- West Virginia Association of Young Children
Develop real-world skills in our specialized laboratories, clinics and research centers.
Personalize your curriculum with classes related to your interests and career goals.
- ART 267: Technology Methods in Art Education
- C&I 365: Dance and Movement in PK-12 Schools
- C&I 414: Creative Experiences in Early Childhood
- CDFS 414: Adolescent Problems and Disorders
- CDFS 430: Best Practices in Pre-K Movement
- EDUC 200: Professional Inquiry in Education
- MUSC 380: Instrumental Methods and Technology Applications
- PUBH 101: Introduction to Public and Community Health
- SOCA 221: Families and Society
- SPED 460: Differential Elementary Instruction
Wondering where this pathway leads? Check out some possible jobs.
- Adapted Physical Education Specialists
- Child, Family and School Social Workers
- Coaches and Scouts
- Educational, Guidance, School and Vocational Counselors
- Elementary School Teachers, Except Special Education
- Health Education Specialists
- Instructional Coordinators
- Middle School Teachers
- Preschool Teachers
- Secondary School Teachers