Pay Your Academic Deposit
The academic deposit secures your place and is credited toward your tuition and fees. Several next steps, including housing selection and New Student Orientation registration, are only available to students that have paid the academic deposit.
The academic deposit is fully refundable if you formally withdraw your application by May 1 (December 1 for spring enrollees).
Steps to Pay Your Academic Deposit
- If you haven't done so already, claim your Login.
- Sign into the WVU Portal using your Login credentials.
- WVU accepts payment of academic deposit through WVU MyAccount. You may pay with an electronic check using a personal checking/savings account, or pay with a credit card using the PayPath Payment Service (service fee applies). Follow our detailed instructions.
- The academic deposit is not required to receive a financial aid and cost estimate. Admitted students receive a financial aid, cost and merit estimate in December/January.
- The academic deposit is required to proceed with submitting the housing application and paying the housing deposit, registering for New Student Orientation and registering for Adventure WV trips.
- We are here to help! Contact your WVU Admissions Counselor for assistance.