Pay Your Academic Deposit
The academic deposit secures your place at WVU Morgantown and is credited toward any tuition or fees you may owe. If you don't submit your deposit, we won't be able to keep sending you the info you need to become a Mountaineer. The academic deposit is required of all students, even if you are receiving a scholarship.
If you decide not to attend WVU, you can get a full refund of your academic deposit by canceling your attendance by May 1 (or December 1 for students entering in the spring).
Steps to Pay Your Academic Deposit
- If you haven't done so already, claim your Login.
- Sign into the WVU Portal using your Login credentials.
- Click on the Academic Deposit link.
- Click on the Personal Information link.
- Click on the Student Services, Housing, and Financial Aid link.
- Click on the Pay Academic Deposit link. The academic deposit can be paid by electronic check or credit card (VISA, MasterCard, Discover and American Express).
If you have a technical problem while paying the academic deposit, please call the WVU IT Service Desk at 304-293-4444.
If you have questions about the academic deposit, please contact your admissions counselor.