Apply for Housing
- October — Housing application opens and room selection begins.
How to Apply
After you have paid the academic deposit, you can complete your housing application, pay the housing deposit and choose your room and roommate.
- Wait 48 hours after paying your academic deposit to complete the online housing
application. This gives our system time to update and record the receipt of your
- While there are some exceptions to the policy, most first-year students are expected to live in University housing.
- Transfer students with fewer than 29 credit hours are required to live on campus.
Transfer students with more than 29 credit hours can live in
off-campus housing or in
- To find out more about each residence hall, please refer to the list of halls and take our virtual tour.
- When you apply for housing, you can select a living and learning community formed around a theme or field of study.
- We send housing information to your WVU email address. Check your account regularly so you don't miss important deadlines.
Please contact the Housing Assignments Office at firstname.lastname@example.org or 304-293-2811.