Considering West Virginia University? Be our guest for a day and get a feel for the academic and student life as a Mountaineer.
WVU Visitors Center
The WVU Visitors Center combines cutting-edge technology with traditional West Virginia hospitality. Your tour will begin with an admissions presentation and then our expert student guides will give you a walking/driving tour of the campus. If you want to meet a specific department representative or attend a class, please request this during your reservation. (Please note, admissions presentations, department representatives and classes are not available on Saturday.) Tours include a classroom, the Mountainlair Student Union, a residence hall, the Student Recreation Center, and more. Reservations are required.
Experience WVU College Days
Join us for our college specific events exclusively for admitted students. Please note: these events are for admitted students in specific majors. Students in different majors or students who are not admitted are encouraged to visit through our Visitors Center on these days. Meet with faculty and staff from your academic department and other University offices while visiting the places where you will study, eat, live and ultimately learn.
If registration for your College Day is closed, please consider joining us for the Experience WVU Open House on Saturday, March 22. Details for this event are below.
Phone: (304) 293-2264 | Email
- College of Business & Economics | February 24 | Itinerary | Directions | Registration
- College of Creative Arts | March 3 | Itinerary | Directions | Registration
- College of Education & Human Services | April 7 | Itinerary | Directions | Registration
- College of Physical Activity & Sport Science | April 14 | Itinerary | Directions | Registration
- Davis College of Agriculture, Natural Resources & Design | April 14 | Itinerary | Directions | Registration
- Eberly College of Arts & Sciences | February 10 | Itinerary | Directions | Registration
- School of Medicine, School of Nursing & School of Pharmacy | March 24 | Itinerary | Directions | Registration
- Perley Issac Reed School of Journalism | February 24 | Itinerary | Directions | Registration
- Statler College of Engineering & Mineral Resources | March 3 & April 7 | Itinerary | Directions | Registration: March 3 | Registration: April 7
- University College | March 17 | Please contact Terry Jackson for more information
Experience WVU Day
Join us for an open house event exclusively for admitted students to help you prepare for your Mountaineer journey. This event is for students admitted into any major or program including Undergraduate Studies, TEAM and the Mountaineer Success Academy. Meet with faculty and staff from your academic department and other University offices while visiting the places where you will study, eat, live and ultimately learn.
Junior Preview Days
This spring we welcome high school juniors and their families to campus for our second annual Junior Preview event at the WVU Visitors Center. Choose either the morning or afternoon campus tour and meet with academic departments and other student service representatives (including: Admissions, Housing, Financial Aid and more) during our Junior Preview Fair. It is never too early to begin exploring your future beyond high school graduation.
Tuesday, March 25 | Wednesday, March 26 | Thursday, March 27 | Friday, March 28 (all tours full) | Tuesday, April 15 (afternoon tour full) | Wednesday, April 16 | Thursday, April 17 (all tours full) | Saturday, April 26
Morning Itinerary: 9:00 a.m. Registration | 9:30 a.m. Campus Tour | 11:30 a.m. Jr Preview Fair
Afternoon Itinerary: 12:30 p.m. Registration | 12:30 p.m. Jr Preview Fair | 1:30 p.m. Campus Tour
Engineering and Computer Science High School Visitation Day
This visitation day is set up to give students a more in-depth look at the Statler College of Engineering and Mineral Resources. The day includes an Statler College overview, WVU Services Panel, Information Fair and Department Programs that showcase student work including senior design projects, undergraduate research and student organizational activities.