Plan Your Discover WVU Day
If you’ve already registered for Discover WVU on November 16, it’s time to start planning your visit, so read on.
Interested in attending? Glance through the schedule to see the many options you’ll have to choose from at Discover WVU. Remember, registration is required, so don’t forget to register:
Your trip to Morgantown
Morgantown, W.Va., is located about 70 miles south of Pittsburgh, Pa., at the intersection of Interstates 68 and 79. We’re a 3.5-hour drive from Washington, D.C., and Cleveland, Ohio, and a 6-hour drive from New York City.
Make the most of your visit
Morgantown has been ranked a top college town and was dubbed “Tastiest Town” by The Charleston Gazette, so you should spend some time seeing why.
Discover WVU Program
Find your check-in location
First, you’ll need to find the check-in location for your major. Choose your major (or “Undecided or Undeclared”) in the drop-down menu to learn more about where to park and where to check-in.
MountainlairCheck-in begins at 8 a.m. Your check-in location will be at the Mountainlair in the commons area on the main floor, as you have indicated an interest in a major located on the downtown campus. Please park in the Mountainlair garage; parking staff will be available to help you. A light breakfast will be provided. We suggest that you wear comfortable clothes because you will be walking for a large portion of the day.
Get Directions to the Mountainlair
Evansdale CrossingCheck-in begins at 8 a.m. Your check-in location will be at the Evansdale Crossing on the main floor, as you have indicated an interest in a major located on the Evansdale campus. Please park in the areas around the Rec Center and Evansdale Crossing. Parking staff will be available to help you. A light breakfast will be provided. We suggest that you wear comfortable clothes because you will be walking for a large portion of the day.
Get Directions to the Evansdale Crossing
Mountaineer StationCheck-in begins at 8 a.m. Your check-in location will be at Mountaineer Station on the main floor, as you have indicated an interest in a major located at the Heath Sciences Center. Please park in Area 81 in front of the Mountaineer Station. A light breakfast will be provided. We suggest that you wear comfortable clothes because you will be walking for a large portion of the day.
Get Directions to Mountaineer Station
8:45-9:15 a.m., Financial Aid Presentation, Locations: South Ag Sciences Room 1021 (Evansdale), Mineral Resources Building Room 113 (Evansdale, Engineering students only), Ming Hsieh Hall Room G20 (Downtown) and Health Sciences Center Pylons Area
9:30-11:30 a.m., Welcome and Academic Sessions
- Chambers College of Business and Economics, Business and Economics Building, Atrium
- College of Creative Arts, Creative Arts Center, Main Lobby
- College of Education and Human Services, Percival Hall, Room 334
- College of Physical Activity and Sport Sciences, Health and Education Building
- Davis College of Agriculture, Natural Resources and Design, Evansdale Library, 2nd floor
- Schools of Dentistry, Medicine, Nursing, Pharmacy and Public Health, Health Sciences Center, Okey Patteson Auditorium
- Eberly College of Arts and Sciences, Mountainlair Ballrooms, 2nd floor
- Reed College of Media, Evansdale Crossing, Media Innovation Center, 4th floor
- Statler College of Engineering and Mineral Resources, Mineral Resources Building, Atrium
- CLASS (Center for Learning, Advising and Student Success), Brooks Hall, Room 202
11:00 a.m.-4 p.m., Woodburn Fall Festival, Woodburn Circle (if raining, the festival will be held in the Mountainlair Ballrooms, 2nd floor). Celebrate the season in the most prominent place on campus. Grab some kettle corn, have some cider and feel free to snap some photos.
11:00 a.m.-3:00 p.m., Walking tours of the Downtown area of campus. Tours will leave from near the Mountainlair information desk (first floor).
11:30 a.m.-2:00 p.m., Lunch at the Mountainlair (Food Court, Hatfields or Jazzmans), Evansdale Crossing,
Café Evansdale, Boreman Bistro or Summit Café
Noon-4:00 p.m., Pop-up Admissions Office, Mountaineer Room, Mountainlair. Students can apply
(for free) and pay their academic deposit.
Noon-4:00 p.m., Pop-up Housing Office, Potomac Room, Mountainlair. Meet with a Housing representative to ask questions and to complete a housing application.
Noon-4:00 p.m., On-your-own tours of the Student Rec Center (you're welcome to exercise and try out the facilities while you're there). Please fill out the online survey to use the Rec Center.
Noon-4:00 p.m., View a model room in our residence halls: Boreman North, Boreman South, Dadisman, Brooke Tower at Evansdale Residential Complex (Towers), Oakland, Honors, Lincoln, Stalnaker, Seneca and Summit. To learn more about each hall, visit the housing website before seeing a room.
12:30-3:30 p.m., Information Fair at the Mountainlair Vandalia Lounge. Check the list of Information Fair attendees or download the WVU Guide app to see who will be at the fair.
12:45-3:30 p.m., Conversation Sessions in the Mountainlair. Ask questions and get answers right away.
- Adventure WV, 12:45-1:15 p.m., 1:30-2:00 p.m. and 3:00-3:30 p.m., Rhododendron Room, Mountainlair
- Get Involved, 12:45-1:15 p.m., 1:30-2:00 p.m. and 3:00-3:30 p.m., Laurel Room, Mountainlair
- Honors College, 12:45-1:15 p.m., 1:30-2:00 p.m. and 3:00-3:30 p.m., Rhododendron Room, Mountainlair
- Graduate Path, 1:15-1:45 p.m., 2:00-2:30 p.m. and 3:30-4:00 p.m., Greenbrier
- Transfer Admissions, 1:30-2:00 p.m., Monongahela Room, Mountainlair
1:00-3:00 p.m., Mock Lectures in Ming Hsieh Hall Room G20. Get a first-hand student experience by attending a real lecture with real faculty.
- 1:00-1:45 p.m., Women's and Gender Studies
- 2:00-2:30 p.m., Neuroscience
- 3:00-3:30 p.m., Forensic and Investigative Science
Optional Day Before Activities
Tour The Night BeforeRequires preregistration. Registration must be made when you register for Discover WVU.
Dine With WVU
Visit the Libraries
9:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m., Visit any of our five Morgantown campus libraries: Downtown Campus Library, Evansdale Library, Health Sciences Library, Law Library and West Virginia and Regional History Center and Special Collections (located inside the Downtown Campus Library).
Barnes & Noble WVU Bookstores
Pick up your official WVU gear at our Barnes & Noble Bookstores. Hours are:
- 8:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m., Downtown Barnes & Noble WVU Bookstore (beside
the Mountainlair Student Union)
- 8:00 a.m.-1:00 p.m., Evansdale Barnes & Noble WVU Bookstore (in Evansdale