Your Mountaineer Timeline
August 15: WVU begins processing
are available. You must
pay the academic deposit
before you apply for housing.
Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) opens.
- November: Room selection begins.
- Early November: Immunizations and student insurance portal opens for students entering in the spring semester.
- December 1: Academic deposit payment due for students entering in the spring.
- December 28: Health insurance waiver due.
- Financial award packages (merit and need-based) awarded.
- Transfer New Student Orientation for students entering in spring.
- March 1: Submit the FAFSA before this date for priority consideration for all aid programs.
- May: Consider setting up a tuition payment plan for fall semester charges.
- May 1: Last day to cancel your attendance and receive a full refund on academic deposit and partial refund on the housing deposit.
- May 1: Academic deposit payment due for students entering in the fall.
- May 1: Last day for admitted students to submit updated GPA and test scores for review of increased WVU merit aid.
Transfer New Stu
dent Orientation information is sent to students who have paid the academic deposit.
- Choose a dining plan if you're living in a WVU residence hall.
- Early June: Immunizations and student insurance portal opens for students entering in the fall semester.
- Early July: Fall charges will be available in STAR. If you owe a balance, you will receive a bill in your MIX email. You will not receive a bill if you have paid your fees, have established a payment plan that covers your balance, have a sponsor paying your fees or have enough aid to cover your charges. You can set up a payment plan as soon as you are admitted to pay in monthly installments.
- Complete the first section of the
alcohol education program.
- If transferring with fewer than 29 credits, complete the
financial wellness course.