Your Mountaineer TimelineDates subject to change. Check your MIX email regularly for important information about deadlines.
August 15: WVU begins processing admission applications.
are available. You must
pay the academic deposit
before you apply for housing.
Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
- November: Room selection begins.
- Early November: Immunizations and student insurance portal opens for students entering in the spring semester.
- December 1: Academic deposit payment due for students entering in the spring.
- December 28: Health insurance waiver due.
- Financial award packages (merit and need-based) awarded.
- January 3: Transfer New Student Orientation for students entering in spring 2019.
- January 7: First day of spring 2019 classes.
- March 1: Submit the FAFSA before this date for priority consideration for all aid programs.
Academic deposit payment due for students entering in the fall.
May 1: Last day to cancel your attendance and receive a full refund on academic deposit.
- May: Consider setting up a tuition payment plan for fall semester charges.
- Transfer New Student Orientation information is sent to students who have paid the academic deposit.
- Choose a dining plan if you're living in a WVU residence hall.
- Early June: Immunizations and student insurance portal opens for students entering in the fall semester.
- July 1: Your admissions application for fall needs to be complete to be eligible for WVU transfer scholarships.
Fall charges will be available in STAR. If you owe a balance, you will
receive a bill in your MIX email. You
will not receive a bill if you have paid your fees, have established
a payment plan that covers your balance, have a sponsor paying your fees or have
enough aid to cover your charges. You can set up a
payment plan as soon as you are admitted to pay in monthly installments.
- Complete the first section of
- If transferring with fewer than 29 credits, complete the
financial wellness course.