Your Mountaineer Timeline
August 15: WVU begins processing
are available. You must
pay the academic deposit
before you apply for housing.
Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) opens.
- November: Room selection begins.
- Early November: Immunizations and student insurance portal opens for students entering in the spring semester.
- December 1: Academic deposit payment due for students entering in the spring.
- December 28: Health insurance waiver due.
- Financial award packages (merit and need-based) awarded.
- Transfer New Student Orientation for students entering in spring.
- March 1: Submit the FAFSA before this date for priority consideration for all aid programs.
- May: Consider setting up a tuition payment plan for fall semester charges.
Transfer New Student Orientation information is sent to students who have paid the academic deposit.
- Choose a dining plan if you're living in a WVU residence hall.
- Early June: Immunizations and student insurance portal opens for students entering in the fall semester.
- Early July: Fall charges will be available in WVU MyAccount (via your WVU Portal). If you owe a balance, you will receive a billing notification in your MIX email. You will not receive a bill if you have paid your fees, have established a payment plan that covers your balance, have a sponsor paying your fees or have enough aid to cover your charges. You can set up a payment plan as soon as you are admitted to pay in monthly installments.
- July 15: Last day for admitted transfer students to submit updated GPA and test scores for review of increased WVU merit aid.
- Complete the first section of the
alcohol education program.
- If transferring with fewer than 29 credits, complete the
financial wellness course.
- If living in a residence hall, watch your MIX email for details about signing up for your move-in time.
Health insurance waiver due for fall.
- August 1: Payment for fall tuition and fees due.
- August 1: Last day for transfer students to cancel attendance and receive a full refund on academic deposit.
- August 1: Academic deposit payment due for transfer students entering in the fall.
- August 11-13: Residence hall move-in. Time slots for all residence halls will be available each day.
- August 17: First day of fall 2022 classes.