Your Mountaineer TimelineDates subject to change. Check your MIX email regularly for important information about deadlines.
August 15: WVU begins processing
are available. You must
pay the academic deposit
before you apply for housing.
Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
- November: Room selection begins.
Early November: Immunizations and student insurance portal opens for students entering
in the spring semester.
End of November/Early December
Financial award packages
(merit and need-based) awarded.
- December 1: Academic deposit payment due for students entering in the spring.
- January 2: Spring 2018 payment due for activity on December eBill. Health insurance waiver due for students entering in spring 2018.
- January 4: Transfer Academy for students entering in spring 2018.
- January 8: First day of spring 2018 classes.
Submit the FAFSA
before this date for priority consideration for all aid programs.
- Early March: New Student Orientation information is sent to students who have paid the academic deposit.
Academic deposit payment
due for students entering in the fall.
Last day to
cancel your attendance
and receive a full refund on academic deposit.
- Choose a dining plan if you're living in a WVU residence hall.
- June 4: Immunizations and student insurance portal opens for students entering in the fall semester.
- July 1: Your admissions application for fall needs to be complete to be eligible for WVU transfer scholarships.
July 6: Review your fall semester bill in
WVU Portal. You can set up a
payment plan to pay in monthly installments.
Kognito training and the first section of
- If transferring with fewer than 29 credits, complete the
Financial Avenue course.