Your Mountaineer TimelineMany deadlines for fall 2020 have changed because of the COVID-19 pandemic. For answers to common questions and our latest info, please visit our COVID-19 Admissions FAQ page.
August 15: WVU begins processing
are available. You must
pay the academic deposit
before you apply for housing.
Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) opens.
- November: Room selection begins.
- Early November: Immunizations and student insurance portal opens for students entering in the spring semester.
- December 1: Academic deposit payment due for students entering in the spring.
- December 28: Health insurance waiver due.
- Financial award packages (merit and need-based) awarded.
- Transfer New Student Orientation for students entering in spring.
- March 1: Submit the FAFSA before this date for priority consideration for all aid programs.
- May: Consider setting up a tuition payment plan for fall semester charges.
Academic deposit payment due for students entering in the fall.
- June 1: Last day to cancel your attendance and receive a full refund on academic deposit and partial refund on the housing deposit.
- Transfer New Student Orientation information is sent to students who have paid the academic deposit.
- Choose a dining plan if you're living in a WVU residence hall.
- Early June: Immunizations and student insurance portal opens for students entering in the fall semester.
will be available in STAR. If you owe a balance, you will receive a bill in your
MIX email. You
receive a bill if you have paid your fees, have established a payment plan that
covers your balance, have a sponsor paying your fees or have enough aid to
cover your charges. You can set up a
as soon as you are admitted to pay in monthly installments.
- July 15: Last day for admitted students to submit updated GPA and test scores for review of increased WVU merit aid.
- July 15: Last day WVU will award merit- and need-based funding for students admitted by July 15. You must have a completed FAFSA on file to be eligible for need-based funding.
- Complete the first section of the alcohol education program.
- If transferring with fewer than 29 credits, complete the
financial wellness course.
- August 1: Health insurance waiver due for fall.
- August 15-22: Residence hall move-in.
- August 26: First day of fall 2020 classes. 2020-21 Academic Calendar
- September 1: Payment for fall tuition and fees due.
- The 2020 payment deadline for fall charges on July eBills has been extended (from August 1) to allow more time for students to plan for the fall semester.