Pay My Academic Deposit
August 1 — Academic deposit payment due for students entering in the fall.
December 1 — Academic deposit payment due for students entering
in the spring.
If you decide not to attend WVU, you can get a full refund of your academic deposit by canceling your attendance by August 1 (for students entering in the fall) or December 1 (for students entering in the spring).
Steps to Pay Your Academic Deposit
- If you haven't done so already, claim your Login.
- Sign into the WVU Portal using your Login credentials.
- WVU accepts payment of academic deposit through WVU MyAccount. You may pay with an electronic check using a personal checking/savings account, or pay with a credit card using the PayPath Payment Service (service fee applies). Follow our detailed instructions.
- The academic deposit secures your place in the class and is credited toward any tuition or fees you may owe. If you don't submit your deposit, we won't be able to keep sending you the info you need to become a Mountaineer.
- The academic deposit is required of all students, even if you are receiving a scholarship.
If you have technical problems while paying the academic deposit, please call the WVU IT Service Desk at 304-293-4444.