Find and Apply for Scholarships
November 15 — Students who've completed the admissions process by November 15 for the spring semester receive priority consideration for WVU scholarships.
- End of November/Early December — WVU begins awarding scholarships to admitted, incoming freshmen.
- July 1 — If you plan to enroll in the fall semester, submit your transfer admissions application by July 1 to be considered for WVU transfer scholarships.
- Apply to WVU.
- Have your official transcripts sent to WVU. Also send official transcripts of any
college work you have completed. Transcripts can be sent to:
Office of Admissions
West Virginia University
P.O. Box 6009
Morgantown, WV 26506-6009
- Have your official ACT and/or SAT scores sent to WVU. The ACT code is 4540, and the SAT code is 5904.
- Remember to file the FAFSA and accept your Financial Aid package in your Student Account.
- If your scholarships and other funds exceed the amount of your bill, you will receive a refund check that can be used for other expenses, such as textbooks, supplies, laundry, etc.
- You should also investigate private scholarship sources to help fund your education. For a list of free scholarship search websites try:
Please contact your admissions counselor if you have questions about WVU scholarships.