Log Into WVU Portal
September 15 — WVU begins admitting students for the following
year's class. If you are admitted, your WVU email address will be included in
your admit packet.
- Go to login.wvu.edu and click on Claim Account.
- Enter your name, date of birth and the WVU ID provided on your acceptance letter.
- You will then receive the information needed to access the Portal. From there, go to students.wvu.edu and enter the WVU Portal where you can access your Mountaineer Information Xpress (MIX) email and complete the first step required to enroll at WVU — paying your academic deposit.
- You will use WVU Portal to access STAR, DegreeWorks and eCampus — all important online programs. Through the Portal, you can send and receive email, pay the academic deposit, pay tuition and fees and check your grades.
- You can use the WVU Parent/Guest Portal to grant permission to a parent or guardian or a guest so they can make payments or access your student records, such as grades, financial aid details and student/billing information.
- Check your WVU email regularly. We will send information about housing registration, important deadlines, etc., to your WVU email address.
If you have any problems logging in, please call the WVU IT Service Desk at 304-293-4444 or ITSHelp@mail.wvu.edu.