Complete Pre-Arrival Orientation
Once you submit your I-20 or DS-2019 online application, you will be guided to a
mandatory online pre-arrival orientation site.
- Go to
openeducation.blackboard.com and click the login button at the top right
of the page.
- Click "Don’t have an account? Create one now” at the bottom of the dialogue box.
- Create your Open Education Account. Your User Name is your FirstLastname (example: JohnSmith). You will receive a welcome email confirming creation of your account.
- Go to openeducation.blackboard.com/wvu and click “International Students Pre-Arrival Orientation” in the list of WVU Open Education courses.
- Once the International Students Pre-Arrival Orientation page opens, click on the Enroll button on the right of the screen.
- Log in with the User Name and Password you created in Step 3.
- You will receive a message at the top of the page indicating that you are now enrolled in International Students Pre-Arrival Orientation. Click the "Go to Course” button to begin your Orientation.
- Click "Start Here" on the left navigation panel.
- Click "Access Code."
- Click the "Begin" button.
- Enter the following access code: Y3K6WWPU
- Once again click the “Start Here” link at the top left side of the menu to start your orientation.
- Complete all the orientation modules which include information on immunization, health insurance, immigration regulations governing your visa type, basics of the U.S. legal system and more.
- Once completed, print the certificate of completion, which will be required for your check-in with Office of Global Affairs upon arrival at West Virginia University.
- Need help logging into the pre-arrival orientation site? Get detailed instructions.