Register for Orientation
- January 4 — New Student Orientation for students entering WVU in the spring 2018 semester.
Mid-March — We begin mailing Orientation information to students who
have paid the academic deposit for fall.
- June — Orientation sessions for students entering in the fall.
- After receiving your Orientation packet in the mail, choose an Orientation session that best fits your schedule. If you are entering in the spring semester you will have only choice available.
- Register and pay online.
- Arrive early for your Orientation session. Be sure to bring your best smile for your Mountaineer ID card photo.
- You will not receive Orientation information unless you pay the academic deposit.
- Register as early as possible to make sure you get the session you prefer.
- Orientation is strongly encouraged for all freshmen. It's absolutely the best way to prepare for your first semester. And if you don't attend, you won't be able to register for classes until August (by then, certain classes may be full).
- You can bring two guests — parents, guardians and spouses are welcome.
- Every session offers optional overnight student lodging if you're coming to Morgantown before your Orientation session.
- Start thinking about your academic plan now. Use DegreeWorks, our online advising tool, to prepare for your academic advising session at Orientation. You can also find your major's program of study in the Undergraduate Catalog.
Please write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 304-293-2264.