Your Mountaineer Timeline
- August 15: WVU begins processing admissions applications. WVU has a rolling admissions policy, which means there isn't a specific admission application deadline. Applicants are considered for and informed of admission on a first-come, first-served basis.
Housing applications are available. You must pay the academic deposit before
you apply for housing.
- October 1: Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) opens.
October 1: First-time freshmen who are West Virginia residents can submit
the PROMISE Scholarship application. Additional information can be found at
- November: Room selection begins.
- Early November: Immunizations and student insurance portal opens for students entering in the spring semester.
- December 1: Academic deposit payment due for students entering in the spring.
- December 28: Health insurance waiver due for students entering in the spring semester.
- WVU begins awarding scholarships to admitted, incoming freshmen.
- Financial award packages (merit and need-based) awarded.
Submit the FAFSA before this date for priority consideration of all aid programs.
New Student Orientation information is sent to students who have paid the
March 1: Deadline for first-time freshmen who are West Virginia residents
to apply for the PROMISE Scholarship by submitting both the
PROMISE application and
Consider setting up a
tuition payment plan
for fall semester charges.
- May 1: Academic deposit payment due for students entering in the fall.
- May 1: Last day to cancel your attendance and receive a full refund on academic deposit and partial refund on the housing deposit.
- May 1: Last day for admitted students to submit updated academic credentials, including test scores and transcripts, for review of merit aid eligibility.
New Student Orientation.
- Choose a dining plan.
- Early June: Immunizations and student insurance portal opens for students entering in the fall semester.
- Early July: Fall charges will be available in STAR. If you owe a balance, you will receive a bill in your MIX email. You will not receive a bill if you have paid your fees, have established a payment plan that covers your balance, have a sponsor paying your fees or have enough aid to cover your charges. You can set up a payment plan as soon as you are admitted to pay in monthly installments.
- Complete the
financial wellness course and the first section of the alcohol education program.
- Early August: Health insurance waiver due.
- August 1: Payment for fall tuition and fees due.
- August 18: First day of fall 2021 classes. 2021-22 Academic Calendar.