Your Mountaineer Timeline
Dates subject to change. Check your MIX email regularly for important information about deadlines.
- August 15: WVU begins processing admission applications. WVU has a rolling admissions policy, which means there isn't a specific admission application deadline. Applicants are considered for and informed of admission on a first-come, first-served basis.
Housing applications are available. You must
pay the academic deposit before you apply for housing.
- October 1: Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) opens.
- November: Room selection begins.
- Early November: Immunizations and student insurance portal opens for students entering in the spring semester.
- December 1: Academic deposit payment due for students entering in the spring.
- December 28: Health insurance waiver due for students entering in the spring semester.
- WVU begins awarding scholarships to admitted, incoming freshmen.
- Financial award packages (merit and need-based) awarded.
- January 7: First day of spring 2019 classes.
Submit the FAFSA before this date for priority consideration of all aid programs.
New Student Orientation information is sent to students who have paid the
- May 1: Academic deposit payment due for students entering in the fall.
- May 1: Last day to cancel your attendance and receive a full refund on academic deposit.
- May: Consider setting up a tuition payment plan for fall semester charges.
New Student Orientation.
- Choose a dining plan. If you're living on campus and haven't selected a plan by June 28, you'll be assigned the Go 13 dining plan.
- Early June: Immunizations and student insurance portal opens for students entering in the fall semester.
Fall charges will be available in STAR. If you owe a balance, you will receive a bill in your MIX email. You
will not receive a bill if you have paid your fees, have established
a payment plan that covers your balance, have a sponsor paying your fees or have
enough aid to cover your charges. You can set up a
payment plan as soon as you are admitted to pay in monthly installments.
- Complete the
financial wellness course and the first section of