Your Mountaineer Timeline
Dates subject to change. Check your MIX email regularly for important information about deadlines.
- August 15: WVU begins processing admission applications. WVU has a rolling admissions policy, which means there isn't a specific admission application deadline. Applicants are considered for and informed of admission on a first-come, first-served basis.
Housing applications are available. You must
pay the academic deposit before you apply for housing.
- October 1: Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) opens.
- November: Room selection begins.
Immunizations and student insurance portal opens for students entering in
the spring semester.
End of November/Early December
- WVU begins awarding
scholarships to admitted, incoming freshmen.
- Financial award packages (merit and need-based) awarded.
- December 1: Academic deposit payment due for students entering in the spring.
- January 2: Health insurance waiver due for students entering in spring 2018.
- January 4: New Student Orientation
January 8: First day of spring 2018 classes.
February 1: Balances due for students entering in the spring
2018 semester. You will receive an eBill around mid-January and can pay online
through your WVU Portal.
Submit the FAFSA before this date for priority consideration of all aid programs.
New Student Orientation information is sent to students who have paid the
- May 1: Academic deposit payment due for students entering in the fall.
- May 1: Last day to cancel your attendance and receive a full refund on academic deposit.
New Student Orientation.
- Choose a dining plan.
- June 4: Immunizations and student insurance portal opens for students entering in the fall semester.
July 6: Review your bill in
WVU Portal. You can set up a
payment plan as soon as you are admitted to pay in monthly installments
- Complete the
Financial Avenue training,
Kognito training and the first section of