Find and Apply for Scholarships
Hard work pays off. Literally.
It’s easy to qualify for our merit based scholarships. Provided that you’re admitted to WVU by the dates outlined below, we’ll automatically review your application for our central awards. And, starting with the fall 2021 term, test optional applicants may qualify for merit, too!
- The Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) is available October 1 for the 2021-2022 academic cycle.
- Our priority FAFSA deadline is March 1 for maximum aid consideration.
- First-time freshman must be admitted by June 15 for the fall 2021 start and can submit updated credentials – GPA and/or test scores – through July 15.
- Transfer students must be admitted by July 1 for the fall 2021 start.
- Check out our first-time freshman scholarship information for standard and test optional admits.
- Or, first-time transfer students can learn about options.
Please contact your admissions counselor if you have questions about WVU scholarships.