High School Counselors
Greetings, Counselors! We appreciate the hard work and dedication you provide to students during the college selection process. The following information provides some ways for you to keep in touch with us and useful codes and statistics.
- Join Our Mailing List
- Join a Webinar
- Freshman Class Profile for 2016
- Important Codes
- Required High School Units
Join Our Mailing List
For updates regarding West Virginia University, you can join our mailing list to receive our newsletter.
Join a Webinar
Learn about the academic and research opportunities WVU offers your students from the comfort of your office. We will also share information about admissions updates, automatic scholarship opportunities and WVU’s rolling admissions process. Bring your questions to the live question-and-answer session at the end.
If you would like for us to email you when the registration for this event opens, please complete our out-of-state secondary and college counselor webinar interest form.
Freshman Class Profile for 2016
A quick overview of the average scores for our incoming class of freshmen in 2016:
- GPA: 3.49
- SAT: The average SAT figure is currently unavailable as it does not reflect scores of the redesigned (post-March 2016) SAT.
- ACT: 24
Important codes that you may need when referencing WVU:
- FAFSA School Code: 003827
- SAT Code: 5904
- ACT Code: 4540
- TOEFL Code: 5904
Required High School Units
This the full list of unit requirements a high school student must complete to be considered for admission to WVU.
- 4 units of English including grammar, composition and literature.
- 4 units of college preparatory mathematics. Three units must include Algebra I and II and Plane Geometry plus an additional math unit. Select majors may require a fourth math considered to be higher than Algebra II.
- 3 units of social studies including U.S. History.
- 3 units of science. ALL units must be laboratory science. Recommended units include: Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Anatomy and Environmental Science.
- 2 units of a foreign language which must be for the same language. American Sign Language is acceptable for this requirement.
- 1 unit of fine arts. Recommended units include: Music, Band, Art, Theater, Dance, Drama and Performance.
Application Fee Waiver
High school counselors can use the Application Fee Waiver Form to apply to have the application fee waived for select students.
We have several admissions counselors who are happy to help answer your questions or even visit your school. Please feel free to contact them at any time. Alternatively, you can also contact Adele Siba with any concerns and/or requests.
Assistant Director of Admissions
West Virginia University