You are considered a readmitted student if you leave the University for at least one complete year excluding the summer terms and have not attended another institution.
Important: Students cannot be readmitted into the Health Sciences programs, with the exception of Exercise Physiology. Students must reapply to the Health Sciences program as an internal applicant. This includes Nursing, Medical Laboratory Sciences, Microbiology and Immunology, Dental Hygiene and Occupational Therapy.
How to Apply as a Readmitted Student
If you have been away from WVU for one semester or less and haven't attended another institution, please fill out and submit our free readmission application. This application may be faxed or emailed to the admissions office as directed on the application. A signature and date are required to process this form. The deadline to apply for the fall term is August 1, and the deadline for the spring term is December 1.
If you have been away from WVU for more than one year or have attended another institution while you were away from WVU, please fill out and submit the regular undergraduate application along with the application fee and select Readmit. Please note: Decisions on readmission are based on your WVU academic standing along with academic work earned at any other institution you may have attended after leaving WVU. You are not required to submit a WVU transcript.
Application Requirements for Readmitted Students
In order to be readmitted, you must obtain an overall grade point average of 2.0 at all institutions attended since leaving WVU or present an overall grade point average of 2.0 between your WVU work and your work from all institutions attended since leaving WVU. Any outstanding financial obligations must be paid before readmission can be processed. You are not required to submit a WVU transcript.
After your readmission is processed, your credits earned at other institutions will be entered on your WVU transcript, regardless of your GPA.
Additional Information for Readmit Applicants
- Readmitted students will receive notification by mail regarding their decision.
- Once readmitted, students may activate their MIX account and WVU Portal to facilitate next steps.
- Readmitted students are admitted to their previous major at the institution. Once readmitted, students are required to meet with their academic adviser in their department to determine if they meet requirements and to schedule.
- If interested in changing their major, readmits must petition the academic department once readmitted to WVU.
- Readmits who wish to pursue general studies or do not meet the requirements of an academic college will be classified as CLASS (Center for Learning, Advising and Student Success) after meeting with their department adviser, and will need to contact a CLASS adviser to schedule.