Your Mountaineer Timeline for First-Time Freshmen
Mark these dates on your calendar so you don't miss important deadlines.
July 5: Admissions application available for fall 2018.
- August 15: WVU begins processing admission applications. WVU has a rolling admissions policy, which means we do not have a specific admission application deadline. Applicants are considered for and informed of admission on a first-come, first-served basis.
- October 1: Housing applications are accepted. You must pay the academic deposit to submit the housing application.
- October 1: Room selection begins.
- October 1: Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) opens.
End of November/Early December
- WVU begins awarding scholarships to admitted, incoming freshmen.
- Financial award packages (merit and need-based) awarded.
- January 5: Freshmen entering in spring 2017 attend New Student Orientation and move into residence halls.
- March 1: Deadline for filing FAFSA.
- Early March: New Student Orientation information is sent to those who have paid the academic deposit and registration becomes available.
Academic deposit payment
due for students entering in the fall.
- May 1: Last day to receive a full refund on academic deposit.
- Attend New Student Orientation.
July 3: WVU scholarship deadline. Students entering in fall 2017 must be admitted by this date to be considered for merit scholarships.