Your Mountaineer Timeline
Mark these dates on your calendar so you don't miss important deadlines.
- September 15: WVU begins processing admission applications.
- October 1: Housing applications are accepted. You must pay the academic deposit to submit the housing application.
- November 1: WVU begins awarding scholarships to admitted, incoming freshmen.
- January 1: Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) is available online.
- February 1: WVU scholarship deadline.
- March 1: Deadline for filing FAFSA.
- Financial Aid award letters are mailed to admitted students.
- New Student Orientation information is sent to those who have paid the academic deposit.
- May 1: Last day to receive a full refund on academic deposit.
- Attend New Student Orientation.