Register for Class
- May 15 — Summer classes begin.
- August 16 — Fall classes begin.
- Log into WVU Portal.
- Click on the STAR link at the top of the page.
- Click on the "Click here to enter STAR" link.
- Click the Student Services & Housing tab.
- Click the Registration link.
- Click "Lookup class to Add."
- Click on the drop down menu and select the term for which you wish to add classes. Then click Submit.
- Choose courses.
- If the course that you are trying to register for has a prerequisite restriction, and you have already fulfilled that prerequisite, you will need to contact the department or the professor to get access to the course. You will need to email an unofficial transcript, your student ID number, and the CRN number of the class that you are looking to add.
- After you have added classes in STAR, you will continue to access your email and all other information about your classes through the WVU Portal.