Apply for Housing
October 1 — Housing application opens.
October — Room selection begins.
- August 6 and 7 — Undergraduate students who have applied for housing, paid the housing deposit and are scheduled to attend International Student Orientation are permitted to move into the residence halls on August 6 or 7.
- Pay the academic deposit.
- Wait 48 hours and log on to the WVU Portal to complete the online housing application and select your top three residence hall choices.
An assigned date will be sent to your WVU MIX email address (keep checking!) and is made based on when we receive your housing deposit. On your assigned date, access the online housing system to make your selection.
- Wait 48 hours after paying your academic deposit to complete the online housing
application. This gives our system time to update and record the receipt of your
- While there are some exceptions to the policy, most first-year students are expected to live in University housing.
- Transfer students with fewer than 29 credit hours are required to live on campus.
Transfer students with more than 29 credit hours can live in
off-campus housing or in
- To find out more about each residence hall, please refer to the list of halls and take our virtual tour.
- We send housing information to your WVU email address. Check your account regularly so you don't miss important deadlines.
Please contact the Housing Assignments Office at email@example.com or 304-293-2811.