Your Mountaineer Timeline
August 15: WVU begins processing
admission applications. WVU has a rolling admissions policy, which
means there isn't a specific admission application deadline. Applicants
are considered for and informed of admission on a first-come, first-served basis.
Housing applications are available and room selection begins. You must
pay the academic deposit before you apply for housing.
- October 1: Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) opens.
Immunizations and student insurance portal opens for students entering in
the spring semester.
End of November/Early December
- WVU begins awarding
scholarships to admitted, incoming freshmen.
- Financial award packages (merit and need-based) awarded.
- December 1: Academic deposit payment due for students entering in the spring.
- December 16: Health insurance waiver due for students entering in spring 2017.
- December 19: Tuition payment due for students entering in spring 2017.
- December 31: Authorized financial aid disburses into accounts for students entering in spring 2017.
January 5: Students entering in spring 2017 attend New Student Orientation
and move into residence halls.
January 8: Students entering in spring 2017 who are living in a residence
hall must select a
meal plan by this date; if not, a plan will be automatically assigned to
- January 9: First day of spring 2017 classes.
Submit the FAFSA before this date for priority consideration of all
New Student Orientation information is sent to students who have paid
the academic deposit.
- May 1: Academic deposit payment due for students entering in the fall.
- May 1: Last day to cancel your attendance and receive a full refund on academic deposit.
New Student Orientation.
Immunizations and student insurance portal opens for students entering
in the fall semester. Deadline for submission is July 26.
- June 30: Choose a dining plan by June 30 if you're living in a residence hall.
- July 3: Complete your admissions application for fall 2017 to be eligible for WVU scholarships.
- Review your bill in
WVU Portal. Your bill will be available July 6.
Payment is due July 26.
You can set up a
payment plan as soon as you are admitted to pay in monthly installments
- Complete the
Financial Avenue training,
Kognito training and the first section of
- August 12: Residence hall move-in day
First day of fall 2017 classes.
2017-2018 Academic Calendar