Change My Major
New Student Orientation sessions are held for students entering in the fall.
- If you have not yet attended New Student Orientation or met with your academic adviser, complete the Change of Major Form.
Mail the completed form to:
West Virginia University
P.O. Box 6009
Morgantown, WV 26506
- Check the additional admissions requirements for your new major before submitting the Change of Major Form.
- All major change requests must be submitted no later than one week prior to your Orientation session.
- If you have already attended Orientation or met with your adviser, you cannot use the Change of Major Form. You will need to contact the department that you want to transfer into.
- If you are a first-time freshman admitted into the First-Year Pathway program, you will not be allowed to change your major from undergraduate studies until after one year of successful coursework at WVU.
Please contact your admissions counselor if you need help.